When and How to Take This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Cardura XL include the following:
- Cardura XL comes in the form of an extended-release tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day with breakfast.
- Make sure to take this medication with food. Taking it on an empty stomach results in less of the medication being absorbed.
- Make sure to swallow the tablets whole. Do not cut, break, chew, or crush them.
- The shell of the extended-release tablet does not fully dissolve. It is normal to see the tablet shell in your stool.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Cardura XL Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Cardura XLJust like any medicine, Cardura XL can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Common side effects of Cardura XL include but are not limited to:
(Click Cardura XL Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)