Drug InteractionsCardura XL may react with a number of other medicines (see Cardura XL Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Chest pain (angina)
- A history of a heart attack within the previous six months
- An intestinal stricture (narrowing)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Have an upcoming cataract surgery
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Cardura XL and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Cardura XL and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Cardura XL Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
What If I Overdose on Cardura XL?An overdose is likely to cause dangerously low blood pressure (hypotension). If you happen to take too much of this medication, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Cardura XL Overdose for more information.)