Side Effects to Report
Some Cardura XL
side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Fainting, which can be a sign of dangerously low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A painful penile erection that does not go away (priapism)
- New or worsening chest pain
- Severe constipation, especially if accompanied by severe abdominal (stomach) pain and vomiting (rarely, this type of extended-release tablet can cause intestinal blockages in certain susceptible individuals)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the Cardura
XL side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Cardura XL or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.