Cardura Dosing for High Blood Pressure
For high blood pressure (hypertension), the Cardura dose may be increased to 2 mg daily if necessary. This is based on your blood pressure readings taken two to six hours and one day after the first dose. If needed, the dose can continue to be doubled until a maximum of 16 mg a day is reached. The dose should always be increased slowly, and blood pressure readings should be taken each time the dose is increased.
As with any medication, do not adjust your Cardura dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
General Information on Cardura DosingConsiderations for people taking Cardura include the following:
- Although Cardura can cause low blood pressure (hypotension) at any time, it is most likely to happen after the first dose or after the dose is increased. Tell your healthcare provider if you experience symptoms of low blood pressure, including lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting.
- Cardura should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- If you do not take your Cardura as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of Cardura. If you miss several doses of Cardura in a row, contact your healthcare provider before restarting it. You may need to restart at a lower dose in order to prevent side effects.
- For Cardura to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Cardura will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Cardura or Cardura dosing, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Cardura without discussing it first with your healthcare provider.