Cardura Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects with Cardura should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider, including:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Severe lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- A painful erection of the penis that does not go away (priapism).
Rare Cardura Side EffectsRare side effects of Cardura occur in less than 1 percent of people taking the drug. Given how uncommon they are, it can be difficult to tell whether these side effects are caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these rare side effects include but are not limited to:
- Fainting (syncope)
- Decreased sex drive (see Doxazosin Sexual Side Effects)
- Depression (see Doxazosin and Depression)
- Heartburn or indigestion (dyspepsia).
Although rare, weight gain occurred more frequently in the people who took Cardura than in those who did not (see Doxazosin and Weight Gain for more information).
You may experience some or none of the Cardura side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug. Also let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.