Cardura Side Effects
Common side effects of Cardura include dizziness, fatigue, and drowsiness. Most people, however, tolerate the drug without problems, and any side effects are minor and easily treated by you or a healthcare provider. If you experience more serious side effects, such as signs of an allergic reaction or a painful erection that will not go away, you should immediately report them to your healthcare provider.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Cardura® (doxazosin mesylate). However, not everyone who takes this drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Cardura. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Cardura side effects with you.)
Cardura has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, with many people being evaluated. During these studies, side effects occurring in a group of people taking the drug are always documented and compared to the side effects that occurred in a similar group of people not taking the medicine. Based on these studies, the most common Cardura side effects include:
- Dizziness -- occurring in up to 19 percent of people
- Tiredness (fatigue) or a general ill feeling (malaise) -- up to 12 percent
- Sleepiness or drowsiness -- up to 5 percent
- Swelling or water weight gain (edema) -- up to 2.7 percent
- Difficulty breathing (dyspnea) -- up to 2.6 percent
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) -- up to 1.7 percent.