An Introduction to Dosing With Jalyn
) is a prescription medication licensed to treat an enlarged prostate
, known medically as benign prostatic hyperplasia or benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH
). There is only one standard dose for this medicine, regardless of your age or weight.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Jalyn Dosage for BPH?
The standard dosage for treating BPH is Jalyn 0.5/0.4 mg (1 capsule) once daily. Jalyn contains a combination of two BPH medications -- dutasteride
. The first number in the Jalyn dose (0.5 mg) is the amount of dutasteride in each capsule. The second number (0.4 mg) is the amount of tamsulosin.
General Information on Taking Jalyn
Some considerations for people taking Jalyn include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Jalyn should be taken with food, about 30 minutes after the same meal each day. Taking it at the same time every day helps maintain an even level of the drug in your body.
- Do not open, crush, or chew the capsules; make sure to swallow them whole.
- Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should not touch Jalyn capsules. Jalyn can be absorbed through the skin and may be harmful to an unborn baby (see Jalyn and Pregnancy for more information).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Jalyn dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.