Jalyn Sexual Side Effects
Does Jalyn Reduce Ejaculation Amount or Sperm Count?In clinical studies, both components of Jalyn have been shown to reduce ejaculate amount. In addition, when dutasteride was given to men between the ages of 18 and 52 years old, it reduced sperm count and sperm motility.
These effects on sperm lasted for the 52 weeks the men were given the medication. Reduced sperm count was still seen 24 weeks after the medication was stopped. At this time, it is not known if the lower sperm count affects fertility.
Jalyn and Erectile Dysfunction or ImpotenceErectile dysfunction (ED), also called impotence, is usually defined as a total inability to achieve an erection, an inconsistent ability to do so, or a tendency to sustain only brief erections. Ultimately, ED is the repeated inability to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
There are many possible causes of erectile dysfunction. Some of the more common causes may include:
- Medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure
- Medications, including antidepressants and certain blood pressure medications
- Lifestyle factors, such as smoking, alcoholism, or obesity
- Psychological factors, such as depression, anxiety, or stress
- Surgery or injury to the penis, spinal cord, prostate, bladder, or pelvis.
As previously discussed, Jalyn has not been studied in clinical trials. However, in one study, some men were given both components of Jalyn together while others received the individual components alone.
In this study, erectile dysfunction occurred in:
- Up to 7.8 percent of men taking both components of Jalyn together
- 6.4 percent of men taking only dutasteride
- 4.3 percent taking only tamsulosin.