Jalyn Sexual Side Effects
Jalyn and Decreased LibidoDecreased libido is a term used to describe a reduced sex drive. There are many possible causes of decreased libido, including:
- Certain medications, such as antidepressants and certain blood pressure medications
- Advanced age
- Psychological factors, including depression, anxiety, or relationship problems
- Low testosterone levels.
In the previously discussed clinical study, decreased libido occurred in:
- Up to 5.9 percent of men taking both components of Jalyn together
- 4.8 percent of men taking only dutasteride
- 3.1 percent taking only tamsulosin.
Final ThoughtsIt is not possible for your healthcare provider to know beforehand whether you will develop any sexual side effects from Jalyn. Also, if a person does develop sexual side effects, it can sometimes be difficult to know whether these problems are caused by another condition or by using Jalyn. It is also important to understand that having an enlarged prostate can sometimes lead to sexual problems.
If you develop any sexual side effects while taking Jalyn, make sure to talk with your healthcare provider. After discussing your sexual side effects with you, as well as the benefits of Jalyn use, your healthcare provider may be able to recommend treatment for your sexual side effect. Alternately, depending on the severity of your sexual side effects, your healthcare provider may recommend another medication to treat your enlarged prostate.