Prostate Home > Benefits of Beta-Sitosterol
While beta-sitosterol is primarily used for treating high cholesterol and an enlarged prostate, there appear to be other potential benefits of beta-sitosterol. Although some people take the plant sterol to enhance sexual performance, boost the immune system, and treat asthma, there is little scientific evidence to support these uses. There are no documented health benefits of beta-sitosterol for children.
- Treating gallstones
- Enhancing sexual performance
- Boosting the immune system
- Treating the common cold and flu
- Treating asthma
- Relieving menopause symptoms
- Helping with hair loss or baldness.