Prostate Home > Jalyn Sexual Side Effects
During treatment with Jalyn (dutasteride/tamsulosin), sexual side effects can occur. These sexual problems may include a decreased sex drive, ejaculation problems, or impotence. If you develop any sexual side effects while taking this medication, let your healthcare provider know so he or she can recommend a medication to treat your sexual problem or prescribe another medication to treat your enlarged prostate.
An Overview of Jalyn and Sexual Side EffectsJalyn™ (dutasteride/tamsulosin) is a prescription medication licensed to treat an enlarged prostate, known medically as benign prostatic hyperplasia, benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH. Jalyn contains a combination of two medicines -- dutasteride (Avodart®) and tamsulosin (Flomax®).
Jalyn and Ejaculation ProblemsThe term ejaculation problem is used to describe a variety of problems that may occur with ejaculation. Some of these problems include:
- Retrograde ejaculation -- when semen enters the bladder instead of leaving the body through the penis. This problem is usually painless and harmless. A man with retrograde ejaculation may notice cloudy urine after an orgasm.
- Ejaculation failure -- the inability to ejaculate in a timely manner, or at all.
- Ejaculation decrease -- reduced amounts of ejaculate or semen.
- Up to 9.7 percent of men taking both components of Jalyn together
- 1.9 percent of men taking only dutasteride
- 3.2 percent taking only tamsulosin.