Prostate Home > Saw Palmetto Side Effects
Nausea, dizziness, decreased sex drive, and loss of appetite are some of the more bothersome side effects of saw palmetto. Fortunately, most side effects, if they occur, are not serious. However, there are some side effects that are potentially serious and require medical attention. These include unusual or unexplained bruising or bleeding, an unexplained rash, and wheezing or difficulty breathing.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Decreased sex drive
- Impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction, or ED)
- Breast tenderness
- Loss of appetite.
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) or pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Any unusual or unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- A rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.