Prostate Home > Uroxatral
- Uroxatral comes in the form of an extended-release tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day immediately after a meal.
- Make sure to take the medication after the same meal each day. Also, do not take it on an empty stomach, as it is best absorbed just after a meal.
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do no break, cut, or chew them, as this would release too much of the medication too quickly.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Uroxatral will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard Uroxatral dose, regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Side Effects of UroxatralAs with any medicine, Uroxatral may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold)
- Impotence (see Uroxatral and Impotence).