The only Uroxatral dosage available for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (regardless of age or weight) is one 10 mg tablet taken once a day after a meal. Make sure to take Uroxatral consistently after the same meal each day. When taking your dose of Uroxatral, it is also important to swallow the tablets whole, as breaking them can release too much of the medication too quickly.
An Introduction to Uroxatral DosagesThere is only one standard dose of Uroxatral® (alfuzosin hydrochloride), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your Uroxatral dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Recommended DosingThe recommended dosage of Uroxatral is one tablet (10 mg) once daily after a meal. It does not matter which meal you choose, but you should consistently take Uroxatral after the same meal each day.
General Uroxatral Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking Uroxatral include the following:
- Uroxatral comes in the form of an extended-release tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day, immediately after a meal.
- Do not take Uroxatral on an empty stomach, as it is best absorbed just after a meal.
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do no break, cut, or chew them, as this would release too much of the medication too quickly.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Uroxatral will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Uroxatral dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.